Great Camera

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Camera Nerd New Member • Posts: 23
Great Camera

I recently bought this camera and it is great. It was exactly what I was looking for: A compact camera, full manual controls, a wide aperture, good reach on the lens, and high image quality, a hotshoe, and the ability to shoot in RAW. I ended up using this more than my G95. The pictures may not be quite as good but for the size, they are great. I chose this model because it was smaller and I felt like I didn't need the viewfinder. Turns out I was right. The screen is bright enough that I can see it even in direct sunlight. The dials make it very easy and quick to change settings. You can even program two function buttons and a custom menu. I have used this for macro, astrophotography, portraits, and landscapes. People have asked me what camera I used for the shots and they were shocked when I told them what camera I used. The colors are true to life, and the autofocus is way fast. It is faster than my G95 in good lighting. This camera is also built like a tank. The body is all metal, with a rubberized grip. I feel comfortable using this with one hand. I have larger hands and it fits just fine and one of my friends has smaller hands and she said it fits well also. The only negative I have against this camera is that the buffer fills quickly when shooting bursts. For me, this isn't a very big issue, but if you shoot a lot of sports or action shots, you may want to pick a different camera. I would also recommend getting a self closing lens cap, as it will stay on easier. In all, this is a great camera, with so many good things about it. I would buy it again and again!

Camera Nerd's gear list:Camera Nerd's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Nikon Coolpix P7700
12 megapixels • 3 screen • 28 – 200 mm (7.1×)
Announced: Aug 22, 2012
Camera Nerd's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow