Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started Oct 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Forum Pro • Posts: 11,125
Re: Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

basleigh wrote:

By "mood" how to describe Fujifilm colours like Velvia (as if you were there) with rich colours; somewhat old fashioned character style. Fujifilm capturing the subtlety of the ambient light; not by pushing contrast as applied by Japanese companies in the past.

You meant if you shoot JPEGs? If you only shoot RAW as I do, then irrelevant. There are many plug-in for Lr or Ps that can mimic whatever film look. Then again colors is personal subjective. To be honest I never impressed by Fuji x-tran colors with obvious pink cast. As I said I like Canon skin tone and Sony landscape colors.  Fuji MF cameras with Bayer sensors are in complete different story.

For purity of colours nothing surpassed my old Leica M6 35mm Summicron; even compared to Contax RTS 2. Every camera manufacturer set their own colour style.

That is well debated and exhausted in color myth

Sony A7R3 compared to A7 shows a pattern of improved colour development.

Yes agreed.

Example: You can spot CANON Red a mile away.

This is subjective and arguable. I can tell Canon red is different from others from 10-year Canon FF ownership, lol

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow