Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started Oct 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 24,707
Re: Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

theoverratedphotog wrote:

PWPhotography wrote:

42mp A7r II with such lens destroys 26mp APS-C X100V easily, not that close.

FE 35/2.8 ZA is actually not among the sharpest prime lenses on E-mount, but still be much sharper than APS-C X100V with the fixed prime. The reason is very clear that the much smaller APS-C sensor has to enlarge pixels much more to project to the same size of output which is the same as digital cropping. As a matter of fact, 61mp A7r IV in APS-C mode (as cropped to 1.5x AOV) = 26mp APS-C sensor in resolution (and entire IQ).

Sharpness is more to do with lens than MP. I don't think you can make broad statement like this. A crap lens on a full-frame body is not better than a good lens on an APSC body.

I have both the X100V and the 35 f/2.8 although I have the A7riii not the A7rii. I'll do some tests this weekend.

I think it is also important to not use default settings in Lightroom to work with raws. There has been some misinformation in this thread about XTrans, etc, along with iso and such. I’d like to see what your samples look like. I’ve been using the X100T...but have been considering the V.

And yes, sharpness is more to do with the lens.  Resolution is what it impacted by MP.  Common error it seems.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow