More about improvement XT3 FW4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 17,793
Re: More about improvement XT3 FW4

baobob wrote:

Despite the lack of field crowd or event I conducted my usual quick and dirty test of eye detection using simply my excellent 4k big LG TV set. This is a quite severe test since the image is flat and definition at 100% pixel is not as sharp as in real life

That said the eye detection using this environment is really night and day as compared with the before FW4 period..

Even with a lens which is not fast (18-135mm was fitted already on the body) the results are very good and one can expect probably around 70% tack sharp results

When several faces are in the same plan you get the choice

The stability is also greatly improved

Will test with my 50mm f2 and report

I'm glad you find the face/eye tracking better.  I've never had an issue with it using 18-135, 50mm f2, 90mm f2.  I noticed no difference when I tested yesterday with my 50mm f2 as it continues to nail AF on an eye and then track the eye as the subject moves or I recompose.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow