Wide angle prime FX lens for Nikon D850

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
sjstremb
sjstremb Contributing Member • Posts: 563
Re: Wide angle prime FX lens for Nikon D850

As they say, individual results may vary so please take my comments here with that understanding. I was lucky enough to get a loaner 21mm Zeiss for a D810 I had at the time and photographed a week of Mardi Gras in New Orleans with it, switching off with a 20mm Nikon 1.8 I owned. For the bulk of the work I do, street photography and landscape, where the lens was stopped down usually to f8, in MY experience, I was not seeing enough of a difference to warrant the extra $$ a Zeiss lens would have cost me. Yes, there is a difference in the image quality but usually in post I could get them pretty close. the biggest difference between the two was what I might call mid level contrast. Perhaps wide open there is a more noticeable difference but I rarely if even shoot that was so my advice is to consider your own individual working process.

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow