Stuck shutter D3200 - works in live mode though. help

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zofo75
zofo75 Junior Member • Posts: 46
Stuck shutter D3200 - works in live mode though. help

Hi all,

My gf's Nikon D3200 shutter suddenly stopped working for still pictures. The weird thing is, in live view the shutter works fine (it goes up and am able to record movies, but not stills).

I took the lens [kit 18-55mm] off, put it in M, pressed Lv and the mirror and shutter went up. No visible dust or scratches anywhere.

Put lens back on and went back into Lv mode, record movie = ok. Take a picture = no go. Just a little bit of light and otherwise a totally black picture.

I tried several suggestions:

• removing battery and fully charging it,
  • cleaning the leads of said battery.
  • remove lens, set to M and 30sec exposure and whack the camera on base several times
  • reset to factory settings
  • took opportunity to upgrade firmware to latest version
  • carefully poked at curtain
  • Tried all modes automatic and manual

Nothing worked. All that worked is that now from a fully black image, the shutter opens 1mm and a sliver of light enters top of image.

Again, the weird thing is that when I put it in Lv mode, shutter flips up and I can record movies.

At this point I would imagine that having it fixed would cost more than the poor camera is worth in the first place, hence, looking for some suggestions before putting it on eBay for spare parts

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Nikonista

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow