Wide angle Lens for Nikon

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
FingerPainter Veteran Member • Posts: 9,518
Re: Wide angle Lens for Nikon

Leonard Migliore wrote:

FingerPainter wrote:

For real-estate on DX, one often wants to have a non-fisheye lens that has a minimum focal length of 11mm or shorter, to be able to take photos from corners, 12mm isn't quite short enough. Not being able to use AF-P leaves only the inferior 10-24mm DX lens as a native choice. I use the 12-24mm f/4 that I got for my D50,and I find myself wanting a bit wider field of view.

You find the 10-20 AF-P better than the 10-24? I have found the 10-24 to be pretty good, even at its widest setting. I thought its only downside was that it cost 3 times as much as the 10-20.

Actually I don't personally find it anything at all, as I don't shoot enough ultra-wide to have replaced my AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4. I'm going by what appears to me to be the strong consensus of reviewers I trust.

They seem to find the 10-20 optically better at the wide end, faster and quieter to focus, lighter, and it has VR that is good enough to more than make up for the slower max aperture. Obviously much better for video. Oh, and it doesn't cost anywhere near as much as the old 10-24mm.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow