Wide angle Lens for Nikon

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Gerry Winterbourne Forum Pro • Posts: 18,217
Re: Wide angle Lens for Nikon

Sean English wrote:

So, I'm a realtor and would love to start doing real estate photography on the side. I'm studying Photoshop and Lightroom plus anything else on youtube and internet I can get my hands on. (Currently reading Lighting Interiors by Scott Hargis) I don't own a great camera yet. Just a Nikon D50 which I tend to hold on to and practice with, edit some pictures before diving in for possibly a Nikon D7500. I don't have a wide angle lens yet. Trying to go step by step and economy till I'm confident. Can I buy a wide angle, decent for REP which will fit my D50 and then have it fit my future D7500? Are they interchangeable within Nikon brand? Can you suggest one?

I don't know about compatibility but the Sigma 8-16/4.5-5.6 will give you the widest view that's not fisheye. Regardless of which lens you buy, use a solid tripod sand make sure you keep the camera dead level or you'll get disturbing perspective effects. Those effects can often (but not always) be dealt with later in Photoshop but it's much better to avoid them from the outset.

Others have suggested lenses of 10-xx or 12-xx. These shots show how much more you get using 8mm (full picture) compared to 10mm or 12mm (inset).

-- hide signature --

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gerrywinterbourne
gerry.winterbourne@ntlworld.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow