Aspect ratio

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peadingle
Peadingle Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
Aspect ratio

I usually stick to 4:3, but recently switched to 3:2 as I was taking some pictures of kids that were to be printed at 12 by 8 inches. I forgot to change the setting back to 3:2 when I went for a walk with the camera the next day, and found that I mostly preferred the landscape format images in 3:2, but that the portrait format shots would have been preferable in 3:4.

I can't see a way of setting the camera (Panny G80) to take 3:2 landscape and 3:4 portrait, which is something that I would like to see available if it could be done with a firmware update, I can't see myself changing the aspect ration each time I want to take a portrait format shot. I know that I could assign one of the aspect rations to a custom button but I would still have to remember to go to it each time I reorientated the camera.

Meanwhile I continue to love my G80. I often walk around with the 12-60 attached and the 45-175 in my pocket. Larger cameras and lens simply don't appeal to me for the casual photography that I do.

Fine in 3:2 aspect ratio

OK, but I think that  it would have looked better in 3:4 instead of 2:3

-- hide signature --

"https://www.flickr.com/photos/6pix/"

Peadingle's gear list:Peadingle's gear list
Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow