Just got a XT3/16-80 combo and Wow, I've been missing out

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SUPERHOKIE Senior Member • Posts: 1,011
Just got a XT3/16-80 combo and Wow, I've been missing out

I've been a Nikon guy for a long time and been using M43 for portability and video. I've always wanted physical dials for ISO, SS, and Aperture but was too lazy to switch system. Anyways, took the plunge on a XT3 and 16-80 and and the 35mm F2 just arrived today and WOW!!

I'm kicking myself for taking this long to switch. The ISO dial is a must, as is the SS dial. No more digging through menus, and the Exp Comp dial is a must too. As much as I like my Nikons, the user  interface of having physical dials cannot be beat. It's a fact.

And the mechanical satisfaction I get each time I press the shutter on the XT3 and the aperture ring on the lens, wow.... And I haven't even talked anything about image quality yet.

I've used full frames before, with those huge lenses, and that is a no for me. X series and the APS lenses are more then plenty good enough. I am not lugging around huge full frame lenses anymore for marginal gain in bokeh control and ISO performance. I never shoot past ISO 6400 anyways. If you have to use ISO 12800, 25600, etc.. it's too dark for quality pictures.

Anyways, XT series is unbelievably beyond awesome.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow