DxO Photolab 4 with Deep Prime with the P1000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimH123 Senior Member • Posts: 2,662
DxO Photolab 4 with Deep Prime with the P1000

A few weeks ago, DxO Photolab came out with a new update called DxO Photolab 4. The Elite Version has taken the Prime Noise Removal to the next step. Note: Prime Noise Removal is not included in the Essential Version.

In using the P1000, I have been limiting myself to ISO 400 because when used at higher ISO levels, the image is greatly compromised. What I wanted to see was what the image would look like if I pushed it to a much higher ISO and then treated it with (1) Topaz Denoise AI and (2) DxO Photolab 4 Deep Prime.

First image is the original RAW. Be sure to zoom in on it to see the mess created by the noise. Image is 216mm (1200mm equiv.) at f6.3 and shot at ISO 3200.

Original

Second image is processed with Topaz Denoise AI.

Topaz Denoise AI

Third image has been processed with DxO Photolab 4 Deep Prime.

DxO Photolab 4 - Deep prime

What you should see is that Deep Prime got rid of the noise and preserved the details. Topaz Denoise AI also got rid of the noise, but some detail was lost.

The result of this is that I feel more emboldened to use ISO 800 and even ISO 1600 if needed.  But I don't plan on going to ISO 3200 very often.

JimH123's gear list:JimH123's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Sony a6300 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a6500
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow