Wide angle Lens for Nikon

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
FingerPainter Veteran Member • Posts: 9,498
Re: Wide angle Lens for Nikon

Mark Scott Abeln wrote:

I believe that all lenses that will work on a D50 will also work on the D7500, although the opposite may not be true.

In fact, there are a few really old lenses that will work on a D50 that won't work on a D7500: the ones that use the Ai index tab.

Any lens that is designated as AF-S will work on both cameras. The problem for OP is that one of his better choices for use on the D7500, the AF-P 10-20mm. will not work on the D50.

For real-estate on DX, one often wants to have a non-fisheye lens that has a minimum focal length of 11mm or shorter, to be able to take photos from corners, 12mm isn't  quite short enough. Not being able to use AF-P leaves only the inferior 10-24mm DX lens as a native choice. I use the 12-24mm f/4 that I got for my D50,and I find myself wanting a bit wider field of view.

Faster, larger and more expensive alternatives can be found with the Tokina 11-16mm and 11-20mm f/2.8 lenses. I don't think one really needs faster lenses for real estate photography as one wants the whole view in the DoF and ought to be using lighting.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow