How to AF on Olympus camera with lens aperture stopped down?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Philly Senior Member • Posts: 1,235
How to AF on Olympus camera with lens aperture stopped down?

I have two lenses that have focus shift issues:

1.  P:anasonic 25mm f1.7

2.  Canon EF 50mm f1.8 STM used with Viltrox EF-M2 II adapter

For these two lenses, I need to focus with the lens aperture blades stopped down to the shooting aperture in order to get the focus point in the plane of focus.

On Panasonic cameras, I can set the "live preview" setting to always on, and then shoot in Manual exposure mode (with auto ISO) and the camera will always AF with the aperture blades stopped down to the selected shooting aperture.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this on an Olympus E-M1 (mark I or II) camera?  Currently, I need to manual focus with the depth of field preview locked, in order to focus properly.  I found that on the Olympus camera, even if I have the depth of field preview locked to on, the camera still momentarily changes the aperture blades to wide open at the instance that it auto focuses.  Anyone have an AF workaround solution for this issue?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow