New to Canon EOS R, seeking advice on gear

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
danferrin Regular Member • Posts: 408
Re: New to Canon EOS R, seeking advice on gear

If you live on or near a city with a decent camera store, you might be able to visit them and get your hands on the equipment you're interested in.  Buy a memory card and maybe they'll let you take some shots in the store, and maybe they'll even walk outside the store with you for a few shots.  Develop a relationship with a salesperson who knows what he's doing if that's possible.  A good camera shop will have sales reps who are well trained on the features and controls of the equipment.  They may or may not be great photographers, but they know the gear.  I don’t spend a lot of money on gear anymore, but I’ve been shopping with sales reps the same two camera stores here in central Ohio for forty years.  When I walk in either store, I know that whoever I talk to can answer any questions I have, and I know that if I want to try anything out, they will let me.  And they know that if they have something I want to buy in stock, I won’t buy it somewhere else.  I also know that if I don’t like the equipment, I have a return policy to cover myself, although I can’t remember ever returning anything.

-- hide signature --

My life is a circle of confusion - photography is my meditation.

danferrin's gear list:danferrin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 20-35mm F3.5-4.5 USM +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow