Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started Oct 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Forum Pro • Posts: 11,210
Re: Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

basleigh wrote:

Higher pixels count for landscape detail photography; so Sony A7R3 with 35mm f2,8 Zeiss used for those occasions.

Mainly much larger FF sensor that is a bigger factor than amount of pixels. Otherwise one of my cellphones (Android based) has 48mp that is sharper than X100V or A7r II?

My Fujifilm lenses come into their own realm for colour and mood.

Colors are personal subjective. Personally I am not that impressed by X-trans color that has clear pink tint. For skin tone I more prefer Canon's but Sony is not bad and portrait is not my main area. In landscape however I prefer Sony's richer and punchy colors over Canon's. Not sure what's 'mood'? LOL.

All depends what size enlargements. Personally A7R2 to be avoided because of the battery life way below par. Buy A7R3...exceeding all expectations.

I have owned A7r, A7 II and A7r II that all use the same battery. I used to carry 6 batteries into trips. But I agree the newer battery in Sony latest models is fantastic. Two Z batteries is sufficient in entire day usage. That's why I suggested OP should also consider A7c that has basically the same size/weight of X100V (thicker however) but with FF IQ if 24mp is sufficient to OP.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow