Questions about Dual 4k Monitor Set Up

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tedwill48167 Contributing Member • Posts: 802
Questions about Dual 4k Monitor Set Up

Hello.

I have two LG 4k Monitors - LG 27UK850-W 27" 4K UHD IPS .  Both have USB-C, HDMI, Displayport connections.  I used one for about a year and just ordered a second one.

I have a newer MacBook and a new work laptop - Lenovo with USB-C.  Both currently shared the first monitor (I swap them out).  The second monitor arrived today.  I'd like to run both monitors in 4k using a docking station. I'd like the dock to use USB-C to provide power to my Mac (and Windows laptop when I swap them after hours).

I bought a Belkin Thunderbolt dock, but as it turns out wasn't powered.  I'd like to replicate my work set up at home since I'm working remotely, but the work setup doesn't have 4k monitors and they use HDMI.

What is a good setup that you can recommend for a dock that can provide power with USB-C to the Mac?  Are docks available that use USB-C out to the monitors?  Do most set ups use Thunderbolt out to the monitors?

Thanks!

-Ted

-- hide signature --

'There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.'
-Ansel Adams

tedwill48167's gear list:tedwill48167's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow