I'll buy the Pentax K3-III despite the terrible promo video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarBa Regular Member • Posts: 152
I'll buy the Pentax K3-III despite the terrible promo video

I really hope that the camera is far far better than the terrible video that they posted. Seriously? They could not find a single person who would enthusiastically tell us about the camera's main features? What was the strange English voice over? I would much prefer the original voice with subtitles. This was crazy!

The only positive thing is ... they still have another 4 months to make a better video! Well and we know its coming ... although another delay is quite bad since this means that we will not be able to actually get the camera before maybe Apr/May.

Will I buy the camera? My K7 is quite old and I have a lot of APS-C lenses that I don't use on K1. So, if the price is around 1500 euro, I'll probably get it to complement K1. But only if the AF improvement will be significant and the AF-C mode will be finally usable for indoor sports. I'm not hoping for pro level AF like A9-II but I would like to see usable hit rate for shooting indoor swimming. One would hope that the AF will be fast to match 12fps! Buffer could have been deeper but OK! The rest of the specs is great. Of course, we'll never see eye-AF and great AF in video but I'm fine with that. It's the price for having a great OVF. ... but honestly .. if the AF is not great (and no K-1 is not good for indoor sport) then I'll stop investing in Pentax and might get into other brands down the road.

Best,

Marek

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow