Pentax K-3 MKIII: good job Pentax!!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Massao Senior Member • Posts: 2,580
Re: Pentax K-3 MKIII: good job Pentax!!

The Squirrel Mafia wrote:

As far as specifications go, the K-3III looks great, but I'm with you on the autofocus performance of this camera. That is the one & only thing that will determine if I buy it or not. I just want to know how accurately & reliably the K-3III can track a moving subject in the X-Y-Z axis. That's it. The forthcoming Pentax user tests & reviews, plus the reviews from different camera review sites & Youtube will give me a pretty good idea on how much effort Ricoh placed into the AF.C part of the AF system. If the K-3III can track at least as good as the Nikon D7500, I'll definitely be buying it along with the DA* 16-50mm PLM & the DA* 11-18mm lenses. I'll be ecstatic if its tracking performance ends up being pretty close to the level of the Nikon D500.

But yeah. Pentax definitely needs more fast focusing lenses besides the DA 55-300mm PLM & upcoming DA* 16-50mm PLM to take advantage of the new AF algorithms & speed, if it does indeed track well.

Yeah, I have the same priorities. AF is the key thing that will determine if I buy this camera or not (along with compatability with Sigma's fast zooms---I'm already stretching with a fixed screen LOL). I will have to rely on reviews and tests on YouTube etc. as there is literally no shop here that will have it on display. Being on par with a bit older tech (D7500 or Canon 7d Mark II) is "acceptable" for me as well (though, that’s where the price debate kicks in ).

In a way, K-3 MIII may convert all other Pentax DSLRs to obsolete tech just like D500 did it in Nikon world LOL:-D

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Massao
--
First camera: Canon FTB; First autofocus SLR camera: Pentax; First Nikon: F601 (N6006); First digital camera: Sony DSC-W5; First DSLR: Nikon D70; First mirrorless ICL camera: Samsung nx11

Massao's gear list:Massao's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Pentax K-r Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1100 A3000 +41 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow