New to Canon EOS R, seeking advice on gear

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 6,981
To the OP

I read some of the replies but not all. Let me say I've been Canon digital since 2005 and my gear is worth more than my car. I am old (79) and I don't know why I think I have to have the latest and greatest gear. I have a Canon 5D4 and bought an RP with 24-240 waiting to get an R5. I love the RP combo but used the 5D4 on a recent trip to western North Carolina for waterfalls because the 5D4 has built-in GPS. (Can't understand why Canon doesn't include GPS in their higher end bodies.

Anyway, I am mostly a landscape shooter and have many, many Canon lenses. I use 24-105 85-90% of the time and 16-35 and Tamron 150-600 and occasional 100 macro the balance.

If you're not interested in the above don't continue to read. I have a drawer full of prime lenses that I never use. I just like zooms for the convenience and not using my feet to zoom.

Since you don't have Canon gear I'd suggest R5 or R6 with a 24-105 f4 and a 24-240 for starters---- remembering that I'm a zoom shooter.

Also, I'm not a pixel-peeper.

Good to have you on the Canon train if you join,

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow