A6600? Good camera to start with E-mounts?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Joachim Wulfers
Joachim Wulfers Veteran Member • Posts: 4,441
Re: Not if you live in a cold climate

SamKnopf wrote:

I was out taking photos of the falls colors on a chilly day this week with my A6500. I was wearing gloves.

The upshot is that you can't operate the rear control dial on the A6XXX series with gloves. You have to rely on full auto. If you want to both set aperture and exposure compensation, you have to take your gloves off and freeze your fingers.

Shame on Sony for this poor design on expensive, otherwise excellent cameras. They keep doing it, model after model, in spite of all the criticism they get for it in every review.

The chilliest day this week was 3°C this morning. It was between 6°C and 10°C the rest of the days this week. Certainly not temperatures where you would require gloves on a permanent basis. Granted, everyone's cold perception may be different but I have been shooting with the NEX5N since 2011 then the A6000 and now the A6600. -12°C was my coldest photo outing using glove liners. You could also use cycling gloves with a thin liner. But this is the funniest rant I have read so far.

But to answer the OP question, in my personal opinion the A6000 series cameras are great tools for someone wanting to get into photography without breaking the bank. If it helps, my flickr account provides enough examples of what I like to shoot and my results shooting jpeg with little photo editing.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony a6000 Sony a6600 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow