Pentax K-3 MKIII: good job Pentax!!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
The Squirrel Mafia
The Squirrel Mafia Contributing Member • Posts: 640
Re: Pentax K-3 MKIII: good job Pentax!!

As far as specifications go, the K-3III looks great, but I'm with you on the autofocus performance of this camera. That is the one & only thing that will determine if I buy it or not. I just want to know how accurately & reliably the K-3III can track a moving subject in the X-Y-Z axis. That's it. The forthcoming Pentax user tests & reviews, plus the reviews from different camera review sites & Youtube will give me a pretty good idea on how much effort Ricoh placed into the AF.C part of the AF system. If the K-3III can track at least as good as the Nikon D7500, I'll definitely be buying it along with the DA* 16-50mm PLM & the DA* 11-18mm lenses. I'll be ecstatic if its tracking performance ends up being pretty close to the level of the Nikon D500.

But yeah. Pentax definitely needs more fast focusing lenses besides the DA 55-300mm PLM & upcoming DA* 16-50mm PLM to take advantage of the new AF algorithms & speed, if it does indeed track well.

The Squirrel Mafia's gear list:The Squirrel Mafia's gear list
Pentax K-50 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow