Screen going black when using Thunderbird

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skyglider Veteran Member • Posts: 5,588
Screen going black when using Thunderbird

In the past few days, my monitor screen blinked black while I was composing emails on Thunderbird. Happened twice so far. Has only happened while using Thunderbird.

The first time, the screen blinked black once or twice within about 2 seconds but then stayed stable. No data was changed.

The second time this morning, the screen blinked black about 3 times within about 4 seconds. When the screen became stable, about 2/3 of my long composed message was gone with only the top 1/3 intact. I had to delete the message and start over again and things resumed normally. Luckily the long message was a copy of a Thunderbird template so I did not have to retype everything again.

I'm wondering if this is a result of recent Thunderbird updates that I've done. I always manually update Thunderbird within a day of when it lets me know an update is available.

Anyone else have screen blinking black while using Thunderbird? (I'm running Win10 home on an intel i7-6700.)

Sky

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow