K3iii: Have Pentax lost the plot?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Confused of Malvern Senior Member • Posts: 1,465
K3iii: Have Pentax lost the plot?

So, we've finally got some specs for the K3iii but what is this camera really going to offer and will it be enough to tempt me to buy one.....

• I like the look of the viewfinder
  • 12 fps is good....but it's not something i need or will ever use
  • apparently no astrotracer or GPS - personally I don't care about either but I know some people do
  • no articulated screen - really disappointed about that
  • 26mp is good......but there's no indication it's going to be BSI which is disappointing
  • (a lot) more AF points but no eye tracking  - doesn't sound to me like much more than incremental AF improvements and it's certainly not going to be up there with the best AF 
  • supposedly a compact body ....but weight is far more important to me than size and this is actually 20g heavier than my present K3!

Overall, I'm disappointed/underwhelmed by these specs and was hoping for much more from Pentax than this.  Yes, of course it will be a good camera but I just don't think there's enough here to justify the premium price that's being talked about.

I don't particularly want a KP (poor battery life in comparrision to K3, ugly grips...) but it's either that or stick with my K3 and it's now 7 years old technology until the K3iii drops significantly below it's launch price.

Given the time Ricoh have had to develop the K3iii I would have expected them to comeup with something that was more than just an incremental improvement on the K3 and I'm beginning to think they've lost the plot.

-- hide signature --

Confused of Malvern
'The greatest fool can ask more than the wisest man can answer'

Confused of Malvern's gear list:Confused of Malvern's gear list
Canon G7 X II Pentax K-3 +1 more
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow