D3500 pricing

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmditter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,061
D3500 pricing

I recently added a lens, a refurb 55-200 that I got for about $100. It occurred to me while shopping that pricing these days is weird. 
I caught a sale at Best Buy last summer on a D3500 2 lens kit for $499. Basically, the 70-300 non-VR was free. Strangely, though, to buy that lens separate and new in box, it’s $349. That seems really high for that lens, particularly when the VR 70-300 is only $50 more.

I’d be tempted to sell my 70-300, as I never use it. But a used one with no box and paperwork would likely not bring very much.

My point? Confusion I guess.  Lenses are not supposed to be disposable commodities. Traditionally we were taught that bodies come and go but keep your lenses. The non-VR 70-300 is an okay lens I guess, but really needs a tripod to do well. It’s true value? Good question. I guess since mine was free I’ll keep it around in case I need it some day.

Nikon D3 Nikon D3500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow