Turkey Vultures on my neighbors roof RX10iv

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
OP tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 47,988
Re: Turkey Vultures on my neighbors roof RX10iv

Ab S wrote:

..although the shot is very nice I still don't like the bokeh (unsharpness) of the RX10 series, in particular near max tele. Look at the 'structure' of the leaves at the right side of the picture. I have the same with my RX10 at 200 mm equivalent (max tele); but it seems getting better at less telephoto or a bit smaller aperture (f/2.8 -> f/4.0 for the RX10). I don't know what makes this 'unpleasantly' looking bokeh and waht to do a bout it..

The RX10iv suffers from what all long zooms do, unattractive Bokeh. That said Bokeh isn't an important issue with me so I don't care. I am willing to put up with it for the convenience of having 24-600mm on a 1" sensor camera. People for whom Bokeh is an important issue should use large sensor cameras with fast primes or fast shorter range zooms. Here's a shot from my FF camera with a 24-105 F4 zoom. Much nicer Bokeh but the shallow DOF means less of the flower is in focus. There are always compromises.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow