Sony RX10 IV vs Olympus E-M5 III lens combo

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
The Lamentable Lens Contributing Member • Posts: 515
Re: Sony RX10 IV vs Olympus E-M5 III lens combo

tugatomsk wrote:

Then today I came across the Olympus E-M5 III with its impressive 7,5 IBIS + OIS stabilization.

I believe the 7.5-stop IBIS rating is for the E-M1, with Sync IS compatible lenses. The E-M5, I believe, is rated at 5.5 stops (6.5 with Sync IS compatible lenses, but I don't believe the lenses you're looking at are Sync IS compatible). That's still a lot of stabilization, but not quite as big a difference from the Sony, which is rated at 4.5 stops.

In any event, if you're willing to use an ILC, the sensor on the Olympus is considerably larger than the Sony, which may matter given your specific need for better low light performance. I have the em10, not the em5, but it's a great little camera, with some fun tricks up its sleeve. I'd lean heavily toward the Olympus for the larger sensor and the flexibility of interchangeable lenses, but a lot of this is personal preference.

The Lamentable Lens's gear list:The Lamentable Lens's gear list
Ricoh GR III Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow