Information for a camera club talk

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 20,854
Information for a camera club talk

I do a regular "Technology" talk for my camera club which includes market trends, new cameras and lenses and new technology.  Since we have a significant number of members who are still shooting with DSLRs, this time I want to concentrate on their options for moving to mirrorless, including Sony and Fujifilm.  Since most of them will have a significant investment in lenses, that brings up the issue of shooting on mirrorless with adapted lenses.

Am I right in thinking that on Sony E mount bodies:

1. Canon EF lenses can be adapted easily and work well?
  2. It is very difficult to adapt Nikon AF lenses and probably not worth the bother?
  3. There are no adapters for Pentax AF lenses?

Can somebody coming from a Canon DSLR expect the AF performance of their adapted lenses to be comparable to that on their DSLR?  Do Sigma and Tamron EF mount lenses work just as well?

Generally, do members of this forum who have come from Canon continue to use their adapted Canon lenses or have you mostly moved to native E/FE lenses?

Any other useful information would be gratefully received.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow