What Fuji just did is awesome - X-T3 V4.0

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Snap Happy Senior Member • Posts: 1,246
What Fuji just did is awesome - X-T3 V4.0

I am not talking about the technical results, that is being/will be discussed here

I mean more about the 'philosophy' behind this.

Developing this was not 'free', therefore Fuji management had to make a conscious decision to do this (or not). In doing so they must have also considered:

1. Negative impact on sales of X-T4 and X-S10
  2. Positive impact on sales of X-T3

I like the fact that they communicated this change 'early', so minimising the complaints of 'I just bought a new camera now you upgraded the old one' - people mostly had time to consider, but inevitably some will have been disappointed.

I am very impressed with Fuji's management here though - seems like they value long term customer/brand loyalty over chasing short-term sales, even though they do the latter frequently through their cash-back offers.

In other words, fixing customer problems.

Personally, I dithered about upgrading my X-T2's, but this upgrade was enough for me to take the plunge - 2 new X-T3's, 1 silver, 1 black, sitting on my desk, both just got a dose of V4.0.

Thanks Fuji.

Snap Happy's gear list:Snap Happy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +24 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow