Tamron releasing lenses for Z mount

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Photo_AK
Photo_AK Senior Member • Posts: 1,215
Re: Tamron is an unreliable off-brand

bernardlang wrote:

BrentSchumer wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

Plus the whole reason Sony opened their mount was because they couldn't develop a high quality lens lineup on their own. They've only recently been able to move away from Zeiss for their top end stuff. Canikon don't have that problem.

What? The first exceptional non-Zeiss E mount lens was the 90mm macro in 2015, which is still better than the equivalent macro lenses from Canon or Nikon 5 years later.

Has Nikon or Canon released any new macro lens since 2015?

Can you post a comparison vs the Nikon 105mm VR? I haven't been able to find any.

But frankly speaking, all the Macro 90-105mm lenses are outstanding.

The VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens dates way back - it was designed in 2004/2005, started selling in 2006 and back in the day it was a great lens ... then Nikon moved it's production from Japan to China in 2010 and even though I personally don't believe that, many users were reporting these later lenses were not as good as the ones made in Japan.
Fact is, it's kind of an "old" lens, not really that great on today's high-res sensors and lenses like Tamron's SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F017) are of much better quality optics-wise. I wouldn't call the 105/2.8G Micro-NIKKOR "outstanding."

-- hide signature --

Robert Capa said 'You can never get close enough'. Well, he did ...

Photo_AK's gear list:Photo_AK's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow