Have two focus points in the same image

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,147
Re: Amazing

TacticDesigns wrote:

rurikw wrote:

that such a useful feature was available on entry level Canons decades ago but I never heard about it existing on any other cameras. A related question is why cameras don't record focus distance in m/ft.

Some lenses have a focus scale.

All my manual-focus-only lenses have a focus scale. My Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 and Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 autofocus lenses as well.

You could focus on the nearest subject and then read off that scale. Then focus on the furthest and then read off the scale. That would give you the nearest and furthest.

Then use a DOF calculator on your cellphone to figure out an aperture + distance that could give you acceptable results.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

Sure. My legacy lenses all have DoF scales. Used those in film times. Not possible with any of my digital lenses. Anyway why not automate the process. AF or MF on nearest point, press button, AF or MF on farthest point, press button > camera sets distance and aperture according to adjustable parameters.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow