Collapsing Building

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,147
Re: Collapsing Building

grisog wrote:

Everyone, THANK YOU! Now I understand why its happening and what I need to do different. Also, thanks for showing me how it can be fixed,

Contrary to what some have said I consider your case mild to average as per the manipulated example which IMO looks fine though it's a question of taste and varies depending on how you want to depict the bldg. I routinely manipulate more extreme cases. That said it's generally sound advice to minimize the effect by putting as much distance between you and the building as possible. Frequently space is more restricted than in your case, particularly if you want to eliminate traffic signs, lamp posts etc. from in front of the building. Personally I prefer straightening in post to shooting straight and cropping (which is often impossible anyway). There will be some blurring in the upper parts but you retain resolution in the lower parts. OTOH I got only 16MP to work with and cropping is less work so it's up to what you have and what you want.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow