Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started Oct 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
Andy873 Regular Member • Posts: 460
Re: Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

adam10 wrote:

I recently posted a thread comparing the Fuji X100V with the Sony A7R ii with the Loxia 35mm. A huge thank you for your kind feed back. After much deliberation I think autofocus combined with manual focus would suite me better hence much interest in the Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 ( Like its small size )

I have some more questions , if you would be so kind as to answer. I do appreciate it.

I am very keen on purchasing a used Sony A7Rii with the Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8. I like the look of the small combination. I had considered previously a Fuji X100V.

• The Fuji X100V lens has an excellent reputation with edge to edge sharpness. The Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 has a good reputation albeit that it is softer towards the edges / corners of the frame. The A7Rii obviously has a much larger M/P count ( 42mp compared to 26mp of the Fuji ) Despite the X100V lens being sharper Is the Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 lens going to produce a sharper / more detailed into the corner / edge print ( say 30” X 20 “ ) than the Fuji X100V ? I realise that the full frame advantage will possibly show better DR, colours etc etc !

Thank you for reading this.

Many thanks.

Adam.

I have used all of these.

The zeiss 35/2.8 is a terrible lens for the price, it isn't sharp and isn't even as sharp as the X100V lens. Even the much cheaper Samyang 35mm f/2.8 is sharper.

However Fuji's party trick filter array makes the sharpness not great at the sensor level, on top of the reduced sensor size and pixel count. So if you want an f/8 shootout the Sony should win. But wide open, you might find the fuji winning.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow