Sony to Canon?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeff108 Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: Sony to Canon?

Ya I just sold my A7Riv

my first Canon since the film days. I love the R5

pros for Canon:  the ergonomics and menus are so much better, it’s quite amazing.  I also think the Canon eye AF is better than the Sony

The Sony has better dynamic range and IQ and the camera also allows for much better customization than the Canon

Also I’ve had no buffering issue with the Canon and it’s constantly an issue with the Sony
i also find that the Canon white balance is quite quirky.  I shoot raw so it doesn’t matter but It’s a hassle.  I’ve owned Nikon, Olympus, Sony and Canon and the Canon white balance is by far the worst

I did read that others have found that issue as well

as far as lens go, I love the RF lenses.  I have the 50 1.2 and 24-70.  Sony has no answer to the 50 1.2 and the Sony 24-70 GM is inferior

Ive had the Sony A7Rii, A7Riii and A7Riv and they aren’t tough cameras .  I shoot primarily portrait and don’t beat up my cameras, but the weather seal stinks and all 3 started having issues after a year

the R5 is new but it just seems  so much better built

Jeff108's gear list:Jeff108's gear list
Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Canon EOS R5 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow