Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started Oct 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
richj20 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,093
Re: Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

adam10 wrote:

drmarkf wrote:

I’ve been on 6 pro-led street photography workshops in various countries since 2015, and I can only recall 2 attendees (other than me) with full frame Sonys (and I only use mine for low light & night street shooting). Everyone else was using m4/3 or APSC during the day (especially Fuji and Ricoh, with a handful of A6xxx bodies).

There’s a reason for that, while the other reason explains why FF high-Mp Sonys are now justifiably so popular on landscape workshops.

The OP needs to decide which way he wants to go.

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately it's not that simple for me, as I enjoy all genre's. So which camera is the jack of all trades , and master of none.

There is no reason why the Sony + FE 2,8/35 cannot work well for both landscapes, and out on the street.

Small and light, it is a nice package to carry around. I use it on a wrist strap a lot.

With the Sony, you can change lenses when necessary: if you become interested in flowers, you can mount your macro lens when you find an opportunity while out looking for landscapes.

- Richard

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow