Leaving the Nocticron 42.5mm for the Sigma 56mm

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Cyvan Regular Member • Posts: 398
Re: Leaving the Nocticron 42.5mm for the Sigma 56mm

Interceptor121 wrote:

I liked my Noctictron however the considerable size especially once the metal hood was factored it meant I used it very very little

After few weeks of parallel run I have now sold the leica lens as I have already too many lenses in my kit

Aww pity. I was going to ask you to do a comparison for me.

I was actually given a choice between the Sigma at full price and the Noct at a significant discount but still $300 more than the Sigma. So I went for it Sigma

I got it and I was amazed at the shots I got out of it but something felt kinda .. "off" . Then someone mentioned that they sold their's because yes, the background rendering was sublime etc, but the images from the Sigma just seemed 'flat' , 2 dimensional, supposedly because of the compression of the longer FL. I'm not convinced but I think that's what I might have been seeing myself.

I wanted to compare a headshot from both to see if there was any difference in the rendering. That would justify me saving up for the Noct or a 45 f1.2 eventually.

Cyvan's gear list:Cyvan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow