Budget Wide Angle Lens for Nikon D810

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
S_Ryan New Member • Posts: 18
Budget Wide Angle Lens for Nikon D810

Hello everyone, again. You were all so helpful with my last thread, that I am going to ask opinions on another topic.

I am looking for a budget wide angle lens to use with my D810. When I say budget, I mean I'll be shopping on the used market looking for something under $500.

I am looking for a lens in the sub-24mm range. Suggestions for primes and zooms welcome. I want a lens with good sharpness, ideally all the way out to the corners. This lens will be used pretty much exclusively for interior photos in tight spaces.

In most cases, I will probably be using a tripod with this lens. I am even open to MF suggestions. This really is just a lens for interior stills, capturing as much of a room as possible.

So far, the lens that I'm eyeing is the Nikon 20mm AF-S f1.8 ED. I'm not sure this is wide enough though. I like the price of the 17-35mm Nikon, but it seems to have fallen out of favor and have an issue with sharpness around the sides. The 18-35mm is crap, and the 16-35mm is slightly out of budget.

I am also considering the Nikon 18mm Ai-s f3.5. It seems like a great budget lens. I don't have a clue how it compares to a modern equivalent.

Thank you everyone in advance!

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow