Issues with a macro lens Sigma 105 and a 6d MarkII

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DeborahAnn New Member • Posts: 4
Issues with a macro lens Sigma 105 and a 6d MarkII

I’ve have been having issues with my newer Sigma 105 macro lens.  I thought it was the lens at first, but maybe it’s my camera. I was wondering if somebody could help me troubleshoot my issue. My issue is essentially that I cannot use auto focus and the live viewfinder at the same time. The camera locks up and I keep getting error 70. I have sent my lens in twice to sigma and they clear the lens and tell me the lens is fine. I’m wondering if it has something to do with my camera. I hope there’s nothing wrong and I hope it’s just a setting within the camera that I need to adjust. The odd thing is, that it never happened until about six months ago. Nothing has changed, meaning I didn’t change any settings on my camera.  I used the lens as I always have and then one day it just started doing glitching.

Should I call Canon now? I have a feeling I need to, but I thought I would try asking here first.    Will Canon help me and assist/troubleshoot the issue with this lens even if it isn’t manufactured by canon?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow