Lowlight software tech

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
originalhype Regular Member • Posts: 264
Lowlight software tech

As camera brands still dependent on ISO instead of improving to make smaller lenses and faster aperture as my previous thread thread, mobile companies have been improving on low light pictures as shown in recent smartphones.

Brands like samsung,google, apple, oneplus all have shown to take great low light pictures with little DR and grains compromises. They are called night shot or night sight.

Why not camera brands do the same approach as they can already add filters and effect in camera as shown by Fuji and sony.

I know that Sony camera division did get involve in the camera and software in the xperia 1 and 5.

If we do go by what these phone brands are doing, then ISO will disappear as  I think these software lowlight algorithm driven tech will make lowlight pictures better and no need to boost up ISO and no need for faster lenses.

These camera brands have the money to hire software developers if they choose to but I don't think they will do it as they are too proudy (haha). Although, Sony might do it as they have a camera and mobile department.

What do you think?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow