50-140 for dogs/ bigger wildlife and portraits?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Contributing Member • Posts: 653
50-140 for dogs/ bigger wildlife and portraits?

Hello

Still learning about Fuji lenses. Having spent more time with the 18-55 and shot a lot this weekend, I’ve decided the output is pretty nice, so i won’t be getting that 16-55 i had a thread about recently. I do also miss a portrait lens. I used to use my sigma 105mm macro, but its not that sharp for some reason with the adaptor. Furthermore, I’ve decided i think i like zooms.

Over the weekend i was trying to shoot dogs running around outside, and the light at this time of year wasn’t amazing. I had a high SS, and used the fringer adaptor with the Canon 55-250.  Also a couple weeks ago i struggled with maintaining shutter speeds without huge ISO.  I realised the 50-140 f/2.8 could have really helped?

It strikes me also, that not the macro part, but the rare portraits i do, i used to use the Canon 50 f1.8, and sometimes the sigma 105mm as a normal prime. The 50-140 could do both of these roles.

I’ve seen its very sharp and has fast AF?

I also realised that with the 1.4TC it would become 70-200 F4, so 300mm equivalent. Giving reach for certain wildlife and still AFing well at F4!?

I would keep my 400mm for BiF obviously.

Thoughts? 50-140 to cover:

- Dogs outdoors action, nice subject isolation, maintain SS

- General purpose / occasional portrait lens

- Bigger wildlife, or with 1.4 TC, other wildlife. So replace my EF-S 55-250.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow