Crop sensor Eos R7?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NacMacFeegle
NacMacFeegle Regular Member • Posts: 372
Crop sensor Eos R7?

This has probably been discussed already here, but I've been thinking about the potential of a 7D style pro-grade crop sensor Eos R camera, and I really hope Canon decides to make one. I specifically want this to replace my Canon 80D which I'm using as a B camera alongside my Nikon Z6. I use the 80D for vlogging, as a secondary timelapse camera, and for wildlife photography.

My Eos R7 wish list:

18 megapixels for better low light sensitivity

4k 120fps,1080p 240 fps video

Af system from the R5

R5 body with equivalent weather sealing

12fps mechanical 20fps electronic burst rate

IBIS

$2500 price point

Excellent low light capability would be key, as it would allow it to make good use of Canon's F11 primes. I think 12 MP like the A7S would be too low, and 18 MP seems like a good middle ground for resolution and sensitivity. It would also pair nicely with my Sigma 150-600, and of course my 18-3. 1.8.

Canon probably wouldn't want to undercut its other cameras with video specs such as these, but I can dream!

What do you think? Is Canon likely to make a camera like this, and if so would you be interested in it?

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z6 Ricoh Caplio R7 Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow