Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started Oct 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
ahaslett
ahaslett Forum Pro • Posts: 10,375
Re: Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

You may be lucky and find someone with both who has done a systematic comparison.

If not, then this is the most up to date list of FE mount 35mm primes https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-tamron-35mm-f-2-8-di-iii-osd-m12/

The Alternatives section at the bottom is pretty thorough.  You can see that the best option depends on what compromises you want to make.  I can't see that the Zony 35/2.8 would be high on my list in terms of either IQ/weight or IQ/cost.

My 35's are adapted EF mount - Canon 35/2 and Tamron 35/1.4.  Both are quite bulky.  The Canon is also light and has IS (Dual).  The Tamron is stunning optically and right on my carry weight when adapted.  Both were bought used and deliver well on IQ/weight and IQ/cost.  You can see that AF speed was not high on my list!

I've found that magnification (ie close focus) matters to me.

Fixed lens primes tend not to compromise on IQ, so the Fuji is probably good wide open.  However, the A7R2 42Mpix and sensor size will lift all lenses.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin
Please feel free to edit any images that I post

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow