Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
adam10 Regular Member • Posts: 363
Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 v Fuji X100V

I recently posted a thread comparing the Fuji X100V with the Sony A7R ii with the Loxia 35mm. A huge thank you for your kind feed back. After much deliberation I think autofocus combined with manual focus would suite me better hence much interest in the Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 ( Like its small size )

I have some more questions , if you would be so kind as to answer. I do appreciate it.

I am very keen on purchasing a used Sony A7Rii with the Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8. I like the look of the small combination. I had considered previously a Fuji X100V.

• The Fuji X100V lens has an excellent reputation with edge to edge sharpness. The Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 has a good reputation albeit that it is softer towards the edges / corners of the frame. The A7Rii obviously has a much larger M/P count ( 42mp compared to 26mp of the Fuji ) Despite the X100V lens being sharper Is the Sony A7Rii and Sony/Zeiss 35mm F2.8 lens going to produce a sharper / more detailed into the corner / edge print ( say 30” X 20 “ ) than the Fuji X100V ? I realise that the full frame advantage will possibly show better DR, colours etc etc !

Thank you for reading this.

Many thanks.

Adam.

Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow