Micro four thirds to Nikon Z adapter, double adapters

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
farmer35 Contributing Member • Posts: 892
Micro four thirds to Nikon Z adapter, double adapters

I've used adapted manual lenses on my Olympus cameras for several years now.  I've thought for a while that I would like to have a full frame mirrorless camera to use with those same lenses but there weren't any cameras around that I really wanted.  Now the Nikon Z5 has my interest,  the features they removed to keep the price lower are ones that don't matter much to me and they kept the features that are most important to the way I tend to use a camera.

I was thinking that I would need to buy a batch of new adapters, perhaps getting a M4/3 to Z adapter just to play with the few native manual lenses I have (like the Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye).  Then I got to wondering what would happen if I kept this adapter on the Z permanently and just keep my M4/3 adapters on the lenses?  I'm a little skeptical it would work well but if it would, I could easily use the same lenses on both cameras without having to mess with changing and keeping track of adapters.  Would the narrower opening cause a problem?

-- hide signature --

Bruce Regier

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow