Prime for 2nd body on events/weddings

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
upgrader Regular Member • Posts: 381
Prime for 2nd body on events/weddings

I do currently shoot with 2x A7RIII cameras, one body is equipped with the 24-70mm G-Master and the 2nd body with the 85mm 1.4 G-Master. In the meantime approx. 70% of the pictures are made with the 85mm simply because the creamy look and the overall image impression is much more pleasant vs. the zoom. The 24-70 pics are okey but not thrilling if you know what I mean. I look for a 2nd prime to complement the 85mm and it should also deliver the same or more character like the 85mm. I thought the 24mm G-Master 1.4 or the 40mm f2 Batis would be a good choice. They are both really sharp, relative light-weight and compact. They would be used especially for events and weddings. The 24mm GM might give even more background separation with the f1.4 and it is also considerable faster. Which one of both would you recommend or do you have a completely other idea? Looking forward to your thoughts. I had the 35mm 1.4 Sony ZEISS but its kind of big and heavy.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow