Super-telephotos for the R5

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bogibbes Regular Member • Posts: 206
Super-telephotos for the R5

Hi guys,

First off, I'm a new Canon user, having got the R5 about a month ago. I'm coming from the Fuji ecosystem.

I originally bought into Fuji for travel photography, but over the years became predominantly interested in wildlife photography. I had been using their 200mm f2 lens with the 1.4x TC as my primary wildlife lens. At an equivalent 400mm f/2.8 I found it adequate for most of my photography. I left Fuji because I had always been a little disappointed in their AF performance, which compared now to the R5, is like comparing a bottle rocket to the SpaceX rockets.

Now that I'm over at Canon, I'm currently using the RF 100-500 lens, which is very nice, but I really miss having that fast prime experience and performance. I would very much like to get a Canon super tele in my kit.

TLDR

My questions is this; if I buy a used EF super tele now, do you see the the resale value tanking once Canon releases the newer RF versions? I'd really like to get back to the supertele experience as soon as possible and as it could still be a few years before the RF's are released I'm thinking about looking for a used 500mm mk II to hold me over until then. Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

IG: bogibbes

Bogibbes's gear list:Bogibbes's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow