Moving from Capture One to Linux Darktable/Rawtherapee - Opinions???

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sshapiro Regular Member • Posts: 459
Moving from Capture One to Linux Darktable/Rawtherapee - Opinions???

My photo editing system is a Windows 10-based computer: an i7 with 32GB of memory and Nvidia GTX 1660s graphics card. I only shoot Fujifilm and use Capture One 20 along with Topaz DeNoise AI and Affinity Photo. I also have a copy of Silkypix 10 Pro, but I find it very confusing to use so I rarely launch it.

Overall, the photo software works fine, but I use Linux for my day-to-day computing and only use the Windows 10 system for photo work. I am not pleased with paying fees to upgrade Capture One or Topaz each year, and I am wondering if moving to Linux versions of  Darktable or Rawtherapee, along with Neat Image and GIMP, would be a reasonable solution.

I assume the open source software has some challenges with usability and functionality vs. the commercial products, so I would maintain my existing Windows solution as a virtual machine until I become comfortable and confident with the other programs.

For a Fujifilm user, what are the biggest negatives of moving from Capture One, Topaz DeNoise, and Affinity Photo into a Linux-based solution?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow