Recurring fungus on inside of viewfinder

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
patrickwiddess New Member • Posts: 1
Recurring fungus on inside of viewfinder

Last year I discovered small specs of fungus on the inside of my Nikon DSLR viewfinder. I sent it off to be fixed and while I was waiting I used my old DSLR. After a short time I noticed that too had developed fungus on the viewfinder in just the same way. A few months after my main camera came back from repair I've noticed signs that the problem is coming back. There is only a tiny spec, barely visible at the moment, but it shouldn't be there. I've done all I can think of to keep it clean and dry.

I keep the camera in a Lowepro bag in a dry, well ventilated room.

I had kept it in the same location for a year and in the same bag and similar conditions for ten years with no issues. I was even in a room for a couple of years which was damp but had no problems with the camera I had at that time.

There are no signs of mould on my other equipment or anywhere else in the room.

I have washed and thoroughly dried the bag.

I have started keeping silica gel sachets in the bag which change colour so I know when to replace them.

I usually have a dehumidifier running in the same room.

Nikon equipment is surely robust enough not to develop problems any time it's exposed to slightly damp or dirty conditions.

I'm thinking of replacing the bag though it appears to be in good condition.

What else can I do? I can't keep paying hundreds of pounds to have it fixed.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow