Anyone else absolutely loath changing lenses in the field?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
LarsRost Contributing Member • Posts: 648
Re: Anyone else absolutely loath changing lenses in the field?

JeffParrish wrote:

I've got 3 primes (23 f2, 27, 7artisans 35) and 2 zooms (18-55 and 18-135) and my XT1. My setup is such that I can easily justify a prime and a zoom on any given outing depending on what I want in terms of size, angle, fun-vs-utility, weather sealing, etc. But I find that if I change lenses in the field, I just stick with the second lens and resist changing again. Does anyone else have this affliction? Something about juggling lens caps and exposing the guts to airborn debris, and the fear of dropping a lens just keeps me from having any desire to play around between multiple lenses on an excursion.

Perhaps adding a cheap used XE1 for a small prime and the XT1 for a larger lens is the way to go?

Most of the time it's a not a problem. When I am alone I take my time to change lenses if needed and I don't  get upset about missed shots.  When I am with family and friends I stick to zoom lenses to avoid annoying my company.

LarsRost's gear list:LarsRost's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Fujifilm XF 18mm F1.4 R LM WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow