For cooking videos and food videos, on the fence between Sony 135 1.8 GM and the Sony 90mm Macro

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Zenza R
Zenza R Regular Member • Posts: 312
Re: For cooking videos and food videos, on the fence between Sony 135 1.8 GM and the Sony 90mm Macro

I feel like 135 is really really narrow and not really useful for macros. 90 mm 2.8 will be definitely handy and when it comes to macros, typically they are 2.8... you may compare recent sigma 105 2.8 and sony 90 mm, and decide if sony has been outdated. I have no idea but I doubt if it is so...

Also you may consider 50 mm macro as the all in one solution :)...

fillet wrote:

Hi

I'm planning to film some cooking videos and I'm on the fence between the two. I know the price of the two are completely different but both seem to offer what I need for cooking videos, macro shots, and also the need to have the camera far away to film shots involving oil and steam.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

The things preventing me from instantly getting the Sony 90mm Macro is the date it was release which was 5 years ago and that it's max F2.8.

Thanks for any insights you all may share.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow