Is it possble to Adjust the Red Channel on a G9?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newmatix New Member • Posts: 7
Is it possble to Adjust the Red Channel on a G9?

Hi people,

I am struggling to take a reasonable image of a Deep RED or Dark Red flower.  I have been using Panasonic Lumix & Olympus EMx cameras since they were first available.  Currently I have GX7, GX8, GX9 and G9 bodies and they all have the same problem.

Generally I am very happy with the results of my photography using Panasonic Micro 4/3 with the following exception. Certain images I photograph have a deep or dark Red bloom or cluster of petals.  When taking shots of these colours, I cannot use the Panasonic/Lumix bodies, as the red is totally blown out and loses all definition and texture.  In the past with other cameras, I have been able to adjust the Red Channel slightly to compensate, but nothing I do will give me an acceptable result with the Lumix bodies.

While I can take these shots with a Sony body, it is difficult when doing a shoot to have to change to a different camera make and type.  For red shaded images I usually carry a Sony RX100M4, and the shots are usable with minimal tweaking from either JPG or RAW.

For example, this image is taken with a Lumix GX9, Lumix G 12-35 f/7.1 iso 500 shows totally blown out reds.

The same taken with a Sony RX100M4 requires minimal adjustment

To add insult to injury, this shot, was taken with a Samsung S7 two year old smartphone.... no adjustments!

Something is wrong... I even tried a shot from my trusty GX8, it did better than the GX9 and G9.

Any suggestions would be a big help.

Phil

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow